Saturday, September 12, 2009

Going Mobile

Yes, to save a bit of coin we went mobile. A cell for each and broadband Internet. To get 18 months free financing we got a camera also. Small like our last one. So I will be going to Treadfest, at least to take some pictures and video. Maybe enter that competition they keep holding. And the camera has some great features. 16 shots in a second with one click make it ideal for sporting events. A feature only available on Nikon cameras.

Get back, see how football is going, go to church and then catch the Packers vs the Bears. Sounds like a plan. I just haven't been feeling well or riding much so I think it best not to race. I'll have to put my hopes for mountain bike glory on Sheboygan.

No more land lines, better voice mail and a more secure Internet connection. Probably wont have the numbers switched over until tomorrow. My cell is my former business number available on one of my other blogs. I'm just getting easier to reach all the time.

No more cables and wires running through the house. We wont save much but we'll save the church a few dollars too by Misao not using a cell on their package. Now if I can get repairs done and the house prepped for Winter we should be running trim and with the extra work getting our debt down.

Trail work today. Lots of people came to help. A crew with chainsaws, some more post holes dug and signs installed and the Oak Hill Trails are good to go. I last about 90 minutes before I start petering out. I should bring some drink along to keep going as do others. Plenty of refreshments afterwards. Thanks 'Beer Man' and thanks for the pleasant company to all those I worked with.

Missing the chance to write more on topics dear to my heart, my memoirs and reflections along with professional interests, but am happy to get the work and we need the money. I could try writing a book. The more I work on houses the more I get back into my design work. With the school season starting regular lectures at SARUP will keep me motivated and inspired.

No comments: