Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Sweetest Day

Yes tomorrow is Sweetest Day. A completely manufactured holiday created by certain industries to boost their profits. And we are in dire need of profits and will be trying to take full advantage. It means another weekend of non-stop action.

Last weekend it was rolling out of bed early to participate in the Trail work day Saturday and then the WORS finale on Sunday. Yes, there is a very beautiful and always well designed new section of mountain bike trail at Crystal Ridge. A rework of the Alpha Trail that winds through some lovely forest. Making the trail that much better. We walked the entire layout after we finished the days work and on our way back all the flags marking the county approved trail were gone. Not the first time according to the 'Beer Man.' But the county marked the trail GPS like and re-flagging will be no problem. Another trail work day this Sunday. I most likely wont be able to make it. Sunday is church day... unless there's a WORS race.
The trounce in the woods cheered me up. It would be nice to hit the North Woods and just work on my own little piece of land. They say a man lived out there for a year in an outfitters setup. That's why the access road was torn up. Driving in and out in all kinds of conditions. Of course I am supposed to be moving to Europe, but the finances aren't there.
Have to get a picture of the team from the Wigwam MTB Challenge. WORS has been promoting the GoPro camera all year and I have heard only good things about it. And it is not overly expensive. There was some talk by the nemesis of old of creating an all Clydesdale team for next year. Says he can get plenty of sponsors meaning spiffy new digs if it happens. An option if I'm still here. But first, and where ever I am, I have to get the training going strong. Working the abs and mid-section sure cleans out the insides but I have to get back on the bike.

Trying to work things out in my life I've come to a suitable analogy. It's like a plane where the pilot has died and I, a blind man (not really, just for analogies sake), am forced to land the plane even though there are other pilots aboard. And no one speaks out. And there could be few or many on board. I can't tell. The thing is... I could land the plane if people wouldn't keep lying to me.

Again... Happy Sweetest Day. No frowns allowed.

No comments: