Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Ch'usok

Or harvest moon as we say in the west. But in Korea they call it Ch'usok and nearly the entire population will be going to their ancestral hometowns. The trains will be packed, isles filled with standing passengers. The roads will be traffic jammed over the entire country and when I was there cars that broke down were lifted out of traffic by military helicopter.

A shot of the honey I used to harvest. It isn't legal to keep honey bees in the city. If any of you living out of county and would let me keep bees on your property for some free honey let me know. The closer the better with the volatile gas prices.

Of course the population density in Korea is one reason many use bicycles and motorcycles to get around and even to carry large stacks of goods. I used a bicycle myself and later moved up to a motorbike when I was there. Just take a look at this bad boy. A full 88 cc's.

Overcast wet and occasionally raining makes it a laid back Saturday. Found this apparently new series on PBS as I run through some of my computer tasks and look to spend some time writing today on several of my blogs (if it dries out I really should cut the grass and work on the house). I'm blaming 'vista' for the formatting problems I'm having. Also related with the show is this adventure site that has some mountain biking and other sport oriented adventure travels.

I was channel surfing the other night and we caught part of "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" on TV.
Misao said, "He looks like Keanu Reeves."
"Really!" I said.
Woooeee!

No comments: