Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October; Strange Days

Is it October already? The colors seemed to start changing on queue. This will be some month. October 3rd is Ray’s Indoor Bike Park sneak peak; free for all IMBA members from 6-10pm. October 8th will be the Metro Mountain Biker’s monthly meeting at ‘Collectivo’ formerly Alterra at 68th and Wells. They found it important to mention to club members that they serve beer at this location. Maybe I will have a tea. The 12th is Metro’s Fall Social Ride also featuring beer. October 25th is the Wisconsin Bike Summit in Madison. I suspect beer will be involved.

DSCN2604

The WORS season ends this October 6th.

REI will be hosting a run/walk this coming weekend at Lapham Peal State Park to raise money for improvements. I mentioned some events this last weekend and heard on the news of many more that same weekend. Lots of fundraising going on around here for good causes. I regret that our schedule is so irregular that we find it hard to contribute. REI will also be hosting a Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse seminar on the 22nd, a topic near and dear, like global warming.

My brother the Catholic Priest is developing a pilgrimage route in Wisconsin. He will start his own pilgrimage over the route this October 13th.

DSCN4315

Ike suffered a bee sting a while back. Here he is sitting in the refrigerator. He looked worse and worse over the following day (the Internet said after 24hrs he should be fine, not true) but 25mg of Benadryl immediately made him a happy camper; problem solved.

October hit me like a brick. Found myself scattered this morning but regrouped. Having several jobs going last month I had to push to complete some semblance of my writing goals. I worked late last night to finish another edit of my second book. I found the work in such bad shape I thought, You’re never going to be a writer Phil. (I call myself Phil but prefer you all call me Phillip) Then I said to myself, “No man. You’re good.” I pulled out some past versions of the work in print-out and digital form and compared them with what I was working on; the latest digital version. Is sabotage the right word? Maybe, if I could imagine why or how someone would want to mess up my work, but it is difficult to imagine. Something messed it up good in many and various subtle ways.

I hope to make it to Ray’s this Thursday. It is my bowling night but I pre-bowled so I can attend a lecture at SARUP. Then I will run out afterwards if time allows. California was passing up Wisconsin in number of visits to my blog until I started giving Ray’s some free promotion. They have made their indoor park better than ever this year making many fantastic changes. Their season pass is good for twelve months now. So if you get one late this season it will still be good early next season. They also hold several stand alone events throughout the summer.

I always get immediate hits from California when I post on any of my blogs. It is always a new hit, not a previous visitor and did I mention it comes as soon as I post anything. Its been that way for years.

Last question stands. $36

No comments: