Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Multifaceted Healing - or - The Gym

Only a few moments remain to register for the La Crosse Omnium. They even have a Facebook page, so 2018.

I enjoyed volunteering for the Bike Expo. Those of us taking down the display had a great time chewing the fat when we were done. It is a very nice easy social organization that Metro Mountain Bikers thing.

After returning from Vegas, staying away from the obvious carbohydrates but eating a typical American diet otherwise while I was there, I came to realize that my blood glucose meter was off by 20% in the wrong direction. Was that tingling in my toes a symptom portending doom or psychosomatic?

Here is one of the best meals I had at IPEC, taking back to my time in Korea. I was well aware that most of all the recipes for those dishes included sugar. Grapefruit is actually good for glucose control.

At the Vegas airport I was back to a good attempt at keeping the keto diet. I couldn’t find any low carb offerings at any food vendors, even those with names of famous chefs, but had to hit the mega news stand to find dinner. The cheese blocks the uptake of oxalates from the nuts. Cashews are full of zinc.

So I find myself worse off sugar wise and having fallen short in taking my supplements, sleep and exercise. Diet and intermittent fasting are only two prongs of my multipronged attack on diabetes.

The low carbs keeps the blood sugar low and the intermittent fasting (eating only within an 8 hour or shorter window every day) allows your body to get itself into healing/regeneration mode. Digestion consumes 80% of your bodies energy.

Of course you need good lengthy sleeps to heal also. Something I am still not getting.

Diabetes.You all have it. You just don’t know it yet.

Supplements; a blood glucose control formula is readily available and along with a Chromium supplement reverses type 2 diabetes for some.

Minerals that you are most likely lacking, if you are pre-diabetic or worse, are zinc, magnesium, and potassium. You can get those through diet or supplements, a trace mineral supplement is a good idea and will supply a little extra zinc. Lamb meat is loaded with zinc.

I have been taking magnesium citrate for a long time and am lucky I have. Some early symptoms typical of type 2 diabetes I never experienced. It also relaxes the muscles at the end of the day.

D3 with K2 are great for lowering blood pressure and opening and softening up those arteries. I think that has to do with reversing calcification. That is sunshine and grass fed and grass finished beef.

The B vitamins: the health condition strips you of them. An unfortified nutritional yeast can supply them. Its’ cheesy flavor is good on a salad. B1 is a big one. It can block the development of those sticky proteins created when your blood sugar is too high, leading to all the severe consequences, and is essential for rebuilding your neuro pathways. Benfotiamine is the supplement you want.

If you have blood sugar problems you have had liver issues for a long time already. Milk thistle is good for that along with choline.

Then I need my exercise to increase my metabolism. Building muscle mass and decreasing fat helps defeat the type 2.

Xperience fitness is very scalable. I am paying for an interval training program but have had little time to attend the classes. Interval training is the most healthy exercise. That is exercise rest exercise, Like push, relax push, or in other words exactly like a bike ride where you peddle than coast. Bicycling is no doubt a large reason my health is not much worse today.

I need more sleep and exercise.

Of course I may have avoided all this drama if I had not lived off vending machines for a good portion of time I went back to college for my degree. But High fructose corn syrup was still in its infancy as were GMO’s.

Lucky me.

I will have to expound more on my gym experience next post.

Sorry.

The $167 question: What were my three most favorite WORS races? (some may no longer exist as venues have changed) Check out the Charity Jackpot Page link in the sidebar to possibly triple the amount.

No comments: